Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Should Messi care that Ronaldo's sad? And what's up with Cesc?

Since his failure to celebrate his goals on Sunday, the world's been behind Cristiano Ronaldo asking... what's up with that? To these questions he answered with literary genius! "I'm sad." OK we get he's sad. Why? Apparently "the club knows why." These cryptic statements have lead to rumors galore of trouble in the Real Madrid camp and maybe an impending departure.



Here's what I've heard:

1. Manchester City is preparing a 95mill pound transfer deal for January.
2. Tricky because of his 1bill euro buy out clause?
3. Manchester United fan begging, prayer he'll return to the red devils.

Here's what his agent, Jorge Mendes said, making it perfectly clear he's aware of the superstar's feelings:

" Following [the] reports published by some media outlets, which claim that I have been surprised and  bothered by the statements made by Cristiano Ronaldo, I clarify the following. Firstly, Ronaldo's declarations are based on reasons that are to the best of my knowledge. It is at the discretion of Cristiano whether he discloses them or not. Secondly, these statements have not surprised me and, much less, caused me any discomfort. The relationship that binds me to Cristiano Ronaldo means he will always count on me with total solidarity."

So Jorge's not shocked people. He knows Ronaldo's sad.

Since Ronaldo's in the public eye for his sadness, why wouldn't the press ask his football adversary, his rival, what he thinks about the whole issue? Question of the day... Should Messi care? And if you say yes, why? In my opinion, Leo Messi's his own man, he's got his own issues, including a girlfriend who's about the pop any day, he's the best player in the world right now, he's front man for one of the greatest club football teams on the planet, he's captain of the Argentine football team, currently called up to international duty. Ahm... eh hem, forgive me, where in his mirage of issues should he find time to care about Cristiano Ronaldo? Honestly?? He's got better things to do. But these are my words. When questioned on the issue Leo Messi said it best. While trying obviously to avoid the question at all, he responded with a very diplomatic answer:


"This is something said by him, I've no connection with this matter."

He's right he has no connection and rightly so should stay away from the situation. In my humble opinion.


What on earth is going on with Cesc Fabregas?

I love Cesc, as a player and person. I always joke about having him on skype, but right now I wouldn't mind if that were true because I'd love to talk to him about what in the name of St. Francesc is going on. After failing to score TWICE on Sunday against Valencia, in a match which was admittedly a struggle to win, I came across a statistic I found shocking! It said that in all of 2012, Cesc hasn't scored in La Liga. My response to that? OY VEY, I hadn't noticed. That's a long time. So after his amazing start with Barca and tapering off into non goal scorability, is Cesc going to get the boot? OH NO! Woah there boy! Let's turn the shoot off on that rumour mill. If you don't believe me, here's what Barca's sports director Mr. Zubizaretta had to say:


 "Press claims Cesc not finding his spot? He has to compete with the best players in the world, but we're very happy with Cesc."

Cesc isn't going anywhere. At least not for now. And Cesc has confirmed he's got no interest in going anywhere.

"Everyone wants to play. I don't like to sit on the bench... But I'm not a bad teammate, and I always try to support the team....I know I'm competing with the best in the world. But I didn't join Barça for one, two, or three years. I want to retire here."


Cesc has made it clear people. He's at Barca to stay and I love him for it. I'm sure he'll soon find his rhythm and fight again. Maybe after a few skype therapy session with yours truly to sort his confidence. I Wish! LOL.


Bye bye for now.

Lisa,
Football goddess, Sports junkie, Barca girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment